Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day was a Perfect Crafting day!!!!!

I had three craft projects going, while I was cleaning the house and doing laundry.   I felt like I had A.D.D.   I would glue something on and while I was waiting for it to dry, I would do a load of laundry, clean the kitchen and then go back to my projects.

Since I have left the scrapbooking world and moved on to altered art journals and bookmaking, I need alternative mobile storage that I can carry around the house so as to not make a huge mess wherever I plant myself.  I got hooked on a few vintage train cases. I had a couple of old ones myself and they were pretty boring looking.  Below is one of the plain ol' boring train cases that I revived.


The train case on the bottom is one that I found at the Long Beach Flea Market.   I had to have it because it was from a Beauty College.   I gave a coat of baby pink paint and then just started adding little favorite treasures and waited for the glue to dry in between loads of laundry.
 I decoupaged some of my favorite Papaya cards to the box.
I thought maybe these little easter egg dipping cups would work as pen holders, but I had to enlist the help of hubby to create something for me, just as long as he could continue to watch football, golf, tennis and ESPN highlights...oh and I had to bring him a beer....

So he measured and cut and I cringed when he used one of my Copic pens, but I kept my mouth shut....{sometimes you just have to pick your battles and this was one of those times...}
 I just watched and impatiently waited..........
 Aw, perfection!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Benny models my new travel pen case!!  Now I can go from room to room carrying my darling box around the house!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment