Saturday, August 4, 2012

I am in the mood.........

I am in the mood to create something fabulous and I am not sure what to do, so I took some pictures of some of my very favorite "Doo Dads"..... that I never know what to do with and decided to add them to a handmade "Family Crest" if you will.   I looked up my last name to see if there was a "Family Crest" somewhere in my past and sadly there was none.  I looked for a "Coat of Arms".....and sadly there was none!   So......I am making my own and adding all of my favorite "Doo Dads" that make me happy when I hold them and touch them and adore them.....and never know what to do with them.  

I have hand drawn my own family crest on a piece of fabric about 16 x 11, then outlined it with embroidery and sewed on a broken piece of vintage rhinestone necklace.   I am thinking of framing them when I am thru.   I will have to make 2 of them though, because I have two girls and I want them both to have one, after I am gone.    A family heirloom if you will.   




          

1 comment: