Saturday, July 23, 2011

Just a few lil things I have been obsessed about working.....................

I took a class from Maryann Moss and I can't stop creating books. I am on the "creative train" right now and I am enjoying it.   (click on the picture below to enlargen it and you will see I have some pretty good crap!)

My poor family has to deal with this mess in the dining area.   Although I have a fabulous craft spot, I just like being in the same room with my family sometimes..... (I know, gag me with a spoon, eck!)
I have been collecting these little school reader beauties for while in the hopes to utilize their loveliness, but my heart won't let me pull them apart because there is so much history in these beauties.   These were carried and read by children in the 1800's and very early 1900's and I just wish I knew their stories. 




I found some of these charming beauties, but I am still having a bit of a hard time taking them apart.   I try and find ugly books, but they don't catch my eye.   I will start to break them apart and then I look at them and drool over them and decide to put them aside for later.....I dont know if later will ever come.....








An old leather photo album ... and I just love these black insides.   They will make a great halloween book or something a lil edgy ....



 below is a few books I have randomly been altering, cuz I cannot work on one thing at a time, (A.D.D.)  I will always have a few projects going, while I am waiting for the glue to dry .............



This is an old ledger journal bound the "Maryann Moss" way.

...


My way .....


 The Nellie way




Maryann Moss way ...







Below is the inside pages of this altered ledger journal .....

 I kept the inside page as it was, because the label told me the name of the person who belonged to this journal.   There were so many beautiful ledger pages with stunning handwriting and it recorded hotel rents of people who rented rooms for $10.00 and $15.00 a month...  and how they paid, either by cash or bartered with eggs and such....unbelievable......




I used some of my old beautiful papers that I have been saving for the right project and that you can't even buy anymore, remember "Lil Davis Designs", .....








My daughter says "so how many journals are you going to make before you decide to write in them....?"  I dunno, I am still afraid to write my thoughts down.   It is a vulnerable brave thing to do.    In the meantime, I might just sell a few of these babies on my Etsy. 















1 comment:

  1. When you going to sell on Etsy?????? Helllloooooo... you have your first customer HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete